An Giang Universtiy Library was offically openned on September 16, 2002. From 1976 to 2002, the Library had been a division of the Academic Affairs Office; and the Library mainly provided printed materials for the students and teaching staff of An Giang Teacher Training College.
In 2011, the new Library opened its doors occupying the top 3 floors of the Administration building. The new location is three times the size of the old library, and should provide expansion space for many years to come.
With support from the An Giang Management Board, the Library has developed its electronic library resources, implementing computerized activities in the library from supplementary materials to service user information. Besides printed materials being added annually, library materials for electronic learning needs, teaching and research have improved for faculty and students of the University.
The operation of the Library is always in close contact with the University’s mission and goals; developing and providing support for teaching, learning, researching, and improving the quality of training to become a prestigious university in the country and internationally.
The main role of the Library is to provide students and teaching staff with comprehensive support for their studies by developing its electronic and printed materials including books, ebooks, periodicals, audio-visual items, institutional researches, scientific databases, electronic subject collections…, and by donated collections or inter-library loan services.
The Library also designs and delivers information literacy programs, generates printed and online how-to guides to help users search for needed information effectively and efficiently.
1. Engage with users and staff to improve services continuously.
2. Engage in new and emerging teaching, learning and research practices.
3. Build a dependable and sustainable digital and technological infrastructure to enable the library to carry out its mission.
4. Maintain a skilled, respectful and committed staff who thrive in an ever-changing learning environment.
1. Division of Technicial Support (IT)
2. Division of Professional Processing (Acquisition)
3. Division of Information Service
4. Division of Cataloguing
5. Division of Circulation